I decided to try potty training the girls today. We dont have to be anywhere this week, so I am commited to doing it!
Originally I was just going to train Carlie. She has pee'd on the potty a few times before, and has shown the most interest. That idea went out the window when Carlie pee'd this morning and got a treat, and Claire didnt. Claire decided SHE wanted to pee on the potty too! So they are both in big girl panties, and we have only had 3 accidents. Carlie had 1, and Claire has had 2. Claires accidents have been right after she has gotten off the potty. She says "I cant do it", then pee's in her panties! So frustrating!!
I am making a potty chart, that they can put stickers on when they pee. We have had 2 potty parties for Carlie, and I am bribing them with TREATS. If anyone has any suggestions, for two of the most STUBBORN little girls, let me know! Wish me luck!
**UPDATE**
I put Claire in a diaper for nap time, and now she wont let me put panties on.
Carlie stayed in panties during her nap, and stayed DRY! BUT, since Claire had a diaper on, SHE wanted a diaper on. She screamed and kicked and screamed some more until I let her put a diaper on. ONE kid would be SO EASY. :S
6 comments:
Great Idea with the chart and stickers! That's how we go started!
What we did was turning on a timer for about every 15,20, or 30 minutes to remind us it was time to go potty.
I'm sure it's frustrating at times, but stick with it. They'll be potty-trainned in no time! Good Luck!
Buy 10-15 dollars worth of dollar store toys and wrap them individually. Anytime they pee or poo on the potty, let them choose a present to open. That is what did it for Gracey! She LOVED it!
Good luck! Happy laundry!! :)
Yeah, yuck. Have fun with that! Your ideas are great! We are knocking on potty training's door once again with Jaxon. A few more months. Not looking forward to it but I am looking forward to not having both boys in diapers!
GOOD LUCK!!!! I initially tried doing Will and Pammie at the same time but it didn't work. But, then, there actually was an age difference there. We have always used mini marshmallows. You get 1 marshmallow for going number 1 and you get 2 for going number 2. It worked so much better than I could have anticipated.
It will happen just remember that, it is frusterating. With Camden we did the stickers for pee because he didn't have a problem with those but for the #2 we bought a bunch of matchbox cars (little dollar do dads for girls) and gave them to him even if it was just a good try. Good Luck... Just think of the end result !
The sticker chart worked wonders with both of my kids. Trenton has the pee down pretty well. and today pooped on the potty for the first time! I bought him a special lightning mcqueen hat and hung it up in the bathroom for him to see. He got it when he went poop. Also he loves candy. WE have a jar of jelly beans and he gets 2 jelly beans whenever he pees.
Post a Comment