Recipe for Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 c butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 egg
2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
(I didnt have almond extract, so i just added 1/2tsp of vanilla)
1.) Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
(I added a little more flour than what it called for after I mixed everything together. it seemed a little goo-ey. that would have been fine if I wasnt planning on rolling the dough out to use cookie cutters. and definatly refrigerate)
2. Heat oven to 375. lightly grease cookie sheet. (I just tossed on some flour)
3. Divde dough in half. Roll each half 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface. cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters
4. Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove, and cool on wire rack.
(I didnt cook mine for that long. I like my cookies a little chewy. not crunchy.)
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 c butter softened.
8 oz cream cheese
4 cups confectioners sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1. Beat butter and cream cheese until well blended
2. add pwdered sugar and vanilla. beat till creamy.
No comments:
Post a Comment