Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I WANT OUR SCHEDULE BACK!

My girls have been on a pretty strict routine since the day we brought them home from the NICU. It has changed, as they have gotten older, but we still have a routine.
7:30-8am : Wake up
2:00 until 4pm : NAP!
9:00 : BEDTIME.

This schedule seems to work pretty well for us. BUT, Christmas really messed things up! Christmas Eve, I let the girls nap till almost 5:30. They didnt fall asleep until after midnight. We woke them up around 7ish. They napped Christmas day from 3:45 till a little after 6pm. They were up late again(midnight), and slept in till after 9 AM the next morning! Its been like this every day since. Its driving me NUTS! When the girls wake up after 9, they arent ready to take a nap by 2. So, I try really hard to keep them awake until 7 or 8, but that never happens. I always walk out of the room at the wrong time, and boom, they fall asleep around 5 or 6 ... then they are up until midnight all over again! Its after 1am, and Claire is STILL awake. she napped from 6 until 8! This has got to stop! We leave town on Wednesday, and hopefully they will get back on schedule while we are out of town!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I hate when we get off our schedule! It is so hard to get back on.

Are you still coming today? I hope so. It will be fun!

familyof4 said...

Taylor had a few crazy nights last week and it drove me crazy. She was up at either 2,3, or 4. I was exhausted. We got back into town Sunday and she went to bed with no problems and is back on her normal schedule. Thank goodness.

How funny. I was just going to ask the same thing Katrina did.
I'm bringing the girls, are you?

Hope to see you today.

Heather said...

I'll be there! But im leaving my girls home. I need a break from them!

Melissa Brown said...

I hate when schedules get messed up. Have you tried purposely waking them up around 7 one morning? They may be grumpy but then they may be tired for a nap earlier if you do that. I have done that with Carter before and it worked pretty good.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Children need to keep on schedule, don't they? It makes our lives so much easier. Hope things are better.