Friday, December 19, 2008

And Now My Girls Are Sick.

**If you have a weak stomache, or dont enjoy stories involving throw-up, go ahead and skip this post!**


All afternoon yesterday, the twins kept saying that their mouths hurt. I figured they were just saying that to get out of eating, and cleaning up. Well, after we made Gingerbread houses last night (and after eating WAY too much candy) Carlie threw up. It was right after I brushed her teeth, so I might have accidently gagged her a little with her toothbrush, but her throw up had some red stuff that looked like blood. I wasnt sure if it was blood, or candy though. So, I stuck my finger in a little bit of her puke, to see if I could feel weather it was blood or candy ... I couldnt tell. SO, I smelled it. LUCKILY it was CANDY. That was probably the grossest thing I have ever had to do as a mom.

Claire woke up every hour during the night, coughing and wanted to come lay with me in my bed. I was totally ok with that. But, Carlie would wake up shortly after Claire came in our room, and started crying because she couldnt find Claire. SO, I had to take Claire back to bed, so Carlie would stop crying (I would have put them both in bed with me, but my bed isnt THAT big!) That went on all night, every hour. Once Aaron got out of bed to head to work, both girls came in bed with me, and we slept for another 2 hours.

4 comments:

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

oh no! poor thing! i hope they feel better soon!

Teisha said...

I'm so sorry. That is horrible. I think that is the hardest thing about having twins is when they are sick. That is cute that they wanted to be together in the same room. I feel bad for one of my girls because during sleep time she has to deal with a screaming sister quite often.

Morgan said...

You are quite the devoted mama! :) I was waiting to hear you say you licked it. Just kidding, that would be hella gross.

I hope they get better soon!

Tom said...

I'm sorry to hear it because we've had the flu going through our house like crazy. Last Sat. Sage started with it and it's been going ever since. Through Sage, Halle, Chase, me and possibly Brinley (she was white like a ghost this morning). NO FUN!!!

oh, this is Tara by the way