Monday, September 22, 2008

2 Funny Things.

Carlie is a CRACK UP.

Last night, after I put the girls to bed, Carlie looks at me and asks "Whatcha doooing?" I told her that I was going to go lay down, because I was tired, and she said "I feel you." no joke.

On the way to dance this morning, she asked, "Are we there yet?" You know your kids are getting older when they start asking if you are THERE YET!

Ok, I lied, 3 funny things.

A few weeks ago, we were at the Bellz mall. We dont go there very often. As we were walking out of the mall, back to our car, Claire looks up at Aaron and says "Im Lost!" haha. She knows what Costco looks like, she knows what the Galleria and Target look like. So to her, she was lost!

5 comments:

Teisha said...

I wanted to comment on the dance class thing. I had that same problem with a class I put him in at the rec center over the summer. He would not go in unless I went in with him. Well, parents were not allowed. So at first I tried getting mad at him. Someone suggested taking him out to the car and keeping him in there until he was ready to go in. That didn't work. So I just sat outside with him and kept making him peak in and see all the fun things they were doing. i wouldn't let him eat snacks, or play. He slowly started going in but it had to be his decision when and for how long. I was worried how he would be able to handle preschool but he did and he loves it. If you have stubborn kids forcing is never the answer. Hope this helps, and if it doesn't I would def take my kids out as well.

familyof4 said...

Maybe try doing a time out in the dance room or outside the door. It will be embarrassing but maybe she/they will realize it's actually fun when seeing the other girls dance. If they aren't even willing to try and you have to fight them the entire time I would just take them out until they are older. Especially with the yelling and slapping you in the face.

We are dealing with this in church right now. Drives me nuts.

This is a tough one. Good Luck.

sarahbclark! said...

i love what carlie said to you last night! it's so funny when they pick up on (appropriate) adult phrases and try them out.

Lauren said...

That is too funny, I just love the "I hear you" comment!

Kristy E.B. said...

Maybe they are just not ready for dance class yet? I understand the whole rude behavior thing. I'm trying to teach Jazlyn about being nice to people and public manners. It's difficult to explain things to this age, but maybe if you got a chance to explain to them one on one about being nice to people. Ask them how they feel when people are not nice to them. Tell them people like to be friends with them when they are nice. Good luck! Also, we have started doing an incentive thing with Jazlyn. I made her a sticker chart and after she fills it up she gets to pick a "prize." Maybe have them fill in the chart if they are nice to people or go to dance class? Positive reinforcement is sometimes more effective than punishment, even though that's still necessary at times. Sorry this post is so long!!