Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Quick Trip to Parowan.

Saturday morning, we packed up and headed to Parowan for the weekend. We knew it was going to be a short trip, and we didnt have anything planned, but it was nice to get out of Vegas for a few days. Saturday, we just hung out, played in the front yard, and took a walk. Sunday morning, I finished reading Breaking Dawn, and we went up to Duck Creek. We stopped at the Creek, and took a little hike. (it was probably a mile, now that I think about it!) The girls walked almost the entire way! They were such little troopers. I forgot to bring their socks, so they were walking in their tennis shoes, sockless ... Carlie got a blister on each of her heeels, fell down twice, and didnt complain a single bit! It is REALLY hard to get a picture with the girls looking at the camera at the SAME time these days ... but here are a few of the very few pictures that were taken.

The girls and I stopped to take a rest on some rocks. We saw a few little squirels running around!
Aaron and I. Duh.
After our little hike, we had Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, and headed back to Parowan. The girls napped in the car, and when we got back to the house, we took another little walk around the block. Monday morning, we packed up and headed back home. We stopped in St. George to have lunch, and to walk around the Temple. The girls LOVE smelling flowers, so I had to get a picture!

The weekend went way too fast! I love being able to use Aarons Grandparents house at any time. The girls love going up the the 'Yellow House'! They have their own room, and they always sleep really well, which makes life a lot easier! I cant wait to make another trip up there soon!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Sounds so nice and relaxing. What a great little get-away!