Saturday we headed to Duck Creek, for the
OLDS Family reunion! (
Aarons moms side of the family) They reserved at large camp site, and invited everyone to either stay all weekend or come up for a lunch Saturday. We just went for lunch! The girls really enjoyed themselves!

Someone caught some little baby Horny Toads! The girls were so
fascinated with them! They
didnt want to hold or touch them, but they totally loved looking at them!

The girls also enjoyed playing with this dog (I think its name was
Tippy ...) Anyway, the girls played fetch with him for a good 30 minutes!

This picture below has a little funny story ... We were sitting on the bench behind the tree, and we notice Claire is on the other side of it just hanging out. I walked over to her, and asked what she was doing, and she informed me that she was MAD! I asked her what happened, and she just kept saying that she was mad! It was seriously, the funniest thing I have seen her do! I finally got her to say what she was mad about, and she said that she
didnt want to play any games. (I think her grandma told her to stop doing something, and to go play games!) And no, I
didnt tell her to stand like this. This is how I found her, and she stayed that way until she was done being mad.

This was one of the activities for the kids to do up at the reunion. The girls thought it was pretty fun!
After the reunion, we headed up to the house in Parowan, got dinner from the Pizza Barn, and had dinner with Aarons mom in Cedar City, where she was staying.
Sunday we got up got the girls dressed, and went for a ride. Claire asked to have her hair put up in "Bunny Ears" a.k.a. "pig tails". Below, the girls with their Bunny ears!

Carlie and Aaron

We drove down to
Penguitch Lake, and walked around for a little bit. We got out by a stream, and the girls enjoyed throwing some rocks. Claire is the one in the sunglasses, and the purse. (which she calls her backpack) Such a little diva!

Claire was making sure it was
ok to throw that rock in the stream!
After we got back from the lake, we picked some corn, tomatoes and bell peppers for dinner! This is Claire, holding her ear of corn (she ate the entire thing)

And here is Carlie holding up hers!

After dinner we took a long walk around the block, (it was more like a mile and a half walk around 3 blocks!) The girls usually do really well on walks, and walk the entire way, but Claire wanted to have a piggy back ride, (I gave in, and carried her) then Carlie stepped in some mud, and got her flip flop and foot dirty, so I had to carry her until we could get it wiped off (she's heavy!) Then once Carlie was all situated, Claire needed another piggy back ride, and almost fell asleep on my back! We were ALL exhausted after our long walk!

The garden that
Aarons dad and grandpa planted is HUGE. there are 4 big rows of corn, 4 rows of tomatoes, some squash,
zucchini, pumpkins, cucumbers, peppers, onions, eggplant and some winter squash. The girls call it "Moms Garden" and they love to see how much it has grown each time we go. We found a few tomatoes that were ripe, but there are still TONS that
arent quite ready to be picked yet! Hopefully we'll be able to make another trip up there when everything is ripe.
Monday morning we cleaned up, and headed home.
10 comments:
I love their bunny ears. They are so cute!
The bunny ears are adorable!
Your girls are so cute! I love Claire's mad pose behind the tree.
The girls look way cute with the pig tails! I've never seen them with their hair like that! Love it. I wanna go to out cabin!!! lol.
Hi Heather!! How fun that you found my blog! I loved reading about your cute family and especially your adorable twins!!! It's been so long...I am glad to see that your are doind so well!! I will be back to visit your site often!
I am so jealous of all your trips you guys go on! what a fun age your girls are at. Their personalities are so cute. I love all the quotes you placed on the side of your blog also.
The GREAT thing about going to the house in Parowan, is its CHEAP! All we do is buy gas, and a little bit of food!
I love the little diva. Isn't it so fun watching their different personalities come out and more and more as they get older? Your trips to Parowan and around there always look like so much fun.
Your girls are too cute!! How much fun they must be!!
So adorable! That is so cute that she said that she was mad! I love her folding her arms. Are you planning on having more kids? I also wonder if people with twins are quick to have more?
Post a Comment