Monday, June 30, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking

I think im going to start doing Digi-Scrap! I love all the fun papers, and I LOVE that its not messy!

I have NO clue what program I need to get. Photoshop? The $600 program? Or can I get Photoshop Elements that is quite a bit less? Someone, give me the scoop!

6 comments:

Sariah said...

I've been thinking about doing this, too. I just am not scrapbooking anymore and I just don't see that changing. I do think I would digi-scrap though. I'm interested in hearing other peoples' experiences with programs as well, since I am pretty clueless at this point. :S

stacey said...

I think it depends on how technical you want to get. I think Photoshop Elements is enough to do basic stuff and do simple, decent pages. The real Photoshop program is way more technical and has the tools that professionals use. (I think!) I don't know which one we have but whichever one it is, it wasn't that hard to use once I got the hang of it. I haven't done any official pages, but it's fun to play around with. It's also fun to make blof headers with.

Taralee said...

Photoshop elements is all you NEED! That's all I use and it gives you plenty of options. There are so many things about it that I still haven't figured out, so in my opinion that means the program is enough for me :) Susie is AWESOME and she's the one who got me started and helped me, but if you have any questions you could ask me too. Good luck! It's SO fun. (I never liked scrapping on paper anyway)

susie said...

Thanks, Tara! ;) You just need Photoshop Elements to start. It's $79 at Costco and definitely the place to start. You could upgrade to photoshop later if you want, but there are ways to get it less than $600. And, unless you already have it or consider yourself quite proficient at the computer and are familiar w/ graphic arts, I wouldn't recommend it. Elements is really an amazing program and you can make AMAZING pages with it...not just simple ones. So, go for it. Give me a call if you want or e-mail me! Or call Tara. Either way...digiscrapping is really fun!!! Go for it! :)

Sarah said...

are you guys coming tomorrow?

Sarah said...

I am so glad you found me Heather! Your blog is too cute. Your little girls are so adorable! How do you do it? You are an amazing mother to have twins. It's so much fun to see what is going on in everyone's lives.