Thursday, July 29, 2010

1 week

I cant believe Colton is already 1 week old! We brought him home last Friday afternoon, and things have been getting better and better everyday.
He nurses like a champ
Sleeps really well
Only cries when getting his diaper changed, or when he is ready to eat
He poops a TON!
Has GAINED 4oz.  <-- Im prett excited about that, because I was SO worried that I wouldnt get the hang of Breastfeeding. while I was pregnant I would have nightmares about not being able to nurse. But, that is not the case with Colton!

We originally had him sleeping in our room, in his pack'n'play. He did ok in it, but he only slept for maybe 2 hours at a time, then would start moving around. Yesterday we took a little nap in MY bed, and he slept GREAT. So, we decided to move him to his room, and let him sleep in his crib, and he slept for 4 straight hours last night, woke up to eat, and slept another 4 hours! It was amazing!

I am feeling really good. Im a bit sore some days, but nothing too bad. I am so thankful for the generosity of people that have brought dinners over! We have eaten very well this past week!

4 comments:

Taralee said...

He really is a pretty baby. SOOO PERFECT and cute!

Sarah said...

I need to come see him. He's so cute! I'm so glad that nursing is going so well!

Sariah said...

He is so stinkin' adorable!!! I'm glad things have been going so well - just the way we always hope it will. :)

Melissa Brown said...

Happy 1 week old Colton :) Two more weeks and I am gonna steel him form you! Can't wait to hold him.