Tuesday, May 12, 2009

San Diego day 2 : Coronado Beach

We got up early and headed out to Coronado Beach! We were one of the first few people on the beach! We even got a great parking spot! It was a BEAUTIFUL day!


Aaron and Claire spent most of the morning running to the ocean and back! Carlie wasnt a huge fan of the water, but Claire totally loved it!

Carlie and I hanging out in our awesome tent/shade thing.

Claire found SO many sea shells! She was freezing cold, but never stopped looking for shell.s

We picked this tent up a few weeks ago, and seriously, it was the best $30 i've ever spent! It was great!




When we first got to the beach, this guy set up his little area and starting making a sand castle. This was the finished product! After he was done, he just left! We tried to get the girls to look at the camera, but that didnt happen!




After the beach, we went back to our hotel, got showered and rested, then headed back out! We are a little crazy! We went over to SeaPort Village to ride the carousel. We got in, paid the guy, the girls picked out these white horses, and after about 30 seconds, they decided they wanted OFF! They did NOT like how tall the horses were. So, the girls chose a nice bench that didnt move to sit on! We rode the carousel in a bench! Who does that?! Oh well...

There was a nice group of teenagers that wanted a photo all together, so Aaron and I were nice enough to take about 8 pictures for them! In return, one of them took a picture of us!

It was the Red Bull Air Race weekend while we were there, and these planes were doing some practice runs through the course. It was pretty crazy!



After we left SeaPort Village, we drove over to LaJolla where the sealion cove is.



1 comment:

Chelsea said...

talk about quite the trip!!! SO MUCH FUN! I love the sea lions, I think it's been like 10 years since I have seen them! And I love the tent!!! I might be getting one when we go to the beach next time-- now even more so because you loved it so much! The beach looked like so much fun--- Im glad it was such a great time!