Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Do you like my SHOE?

So, yesterday, I went out to get the mail, in just my socks... as I was walking up the steps that lead to our front door, I jammed my big toe. like bad! I heard something pop. It hurt SO bad! I could still walk, but only if I walked on the side of my foot ... Today I still couldnt bend my toe at all, so I called up the family foot doctor, and went and got some x-rays. Sure enough, I broke some little bone, and have a hair line fracture. :S I have to keep my foot wrapped, and in my super sexy moon shoe for the next three weeks.

That means, no running. No running = No marathon training.



10 comments:

Sariah said...

OUCH! I'm so sorry! Will the three weeks set you back too much? I hope you will be able to bounce back quickly and get back into training. Good luck!

Morgan said...

Oh Heather!!! Bummer!!! I hope it heals fast.

Teisha said...

That's awful. So sorry! Hopefully you can catch back up soon!

Hair said...

O my goodness girl! What the frijolles! So sorry! Let me know if there is anything i can do for ya

sarahbclark! said...

wow, that's a really stylish shoe. :)
that sucks. i hate when i'm all pumped about exercising and then something happens to ruin it. :(

familyof4 said...

that stinks. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Janna said...

OUCH!!! Heather... that stinks!!!

Your blog header is sooooo cute. How'd you do it?

Adventures in Healing said...

OUCH!!! Wow. That must have been some heavy duty toe-stubbin. Makes my foot hurt just thinking about it. I'm sorry!

And on a completely unrelated note... Remember how I mentioned to your mom that I knew another Kristi Carter? It JUST occurred to me that this same Kristi Carter also has a family home in Parowan that they always go up to- pretty much as often as you or more. What are the odds? Are you sure you aren't related? She's on my blogroll- it's Kristi Milk now.

Heather said...

im pretty sure we arent related!

And I did my blog header on photoshop!

motivated said...

I totally feel for you. :( I was training for a marathon (a long time ago) and I injured my knee, and never got back into training, which I always regretted. Too bad we don't live closer- I'm always looking for someone to run with! I say that passively- since I haven't actually ran in a long time. :( I'm still waiting for someone to make me get off my butt and just do it, lol!