Friday, November 07, 2008

I. NEED. A. SODA!

I'll admit it. Im ADDICTED to caffeine. I have been for as long as I can remember. Many times I have tried to break my addiction, and have always come back to my dear friend Mt. Dew/Coke (or sometimes Diet Mt. Dew, depending on my mood)

This week I have been drinking a TON of water, which is HUGE for me, because, really I hate water. And oddly enough, yesterday I CRAVED water! But today, after drinking 36 ounces of water, and 0 ounces of soda, i've got a lovely caffeine headache. I've got the shakes, im moody and gosh dangit, I JUST NEED A SODA!

I told Aaron a few days ago, that I didnt want to store any soda at home anymore, because I drink way too much of it. Our soda supply is gone. Im half tempted to load the girls up in the car, and head down to the gas station ...

8 comments:

JoAnna Anderson said...

Hey, guess what.... you are doing awesome! I lost 20 lbs by just not drinking soda or juice. I think it was worth it. I've fallen since, but your blog entry gives me new hope again!

JoAnna Anderson said...

Ooops..typo... I lost 10 lbs (whew, 20 lbs would have been awesome huh). But it was 10 lbs & I was so stoked. Not that this is your goal, but maybe an added bonus to not being addicted!

Melissa Brown said...

I feel ya on that. I also stopped buying it and stocking I in our house, but some days I get one at Sonic down the street! Way to go on the water!

Heather said...

I totally caved! When Aaron got home, I drove and got me a Diet Mt. Dew. I was in no mood for a headache, and I had primary program practice this afternoon. So some caffeine was a MUST for the afternoon!

stacey said...

I totally get it. I NEED soda. Caffeinated soda. I seriously can't function without it. I doubt I could ever go with it.

Hair said...

you can do it! you can do it! ive been off dr. p, i dont know for how long. soda seems like sugar water, wasted calories i dont need. YOU CAN DO IT!

Taralee said...

Keep it up even though you caved! My dad and I stopped drinking caffeine a long long time ago and I'm so happy I made the decision. I occasionally have a soda, but I LOVE water SO MUCH!

Amy Barlow said...

Vitamin Water is on sale at Smiths this week... I am hoping that will help in my fight against the soda (and coffee).