Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pictures from the weekend!

Aarons Grandparents have a house in Parowan that doesnt get used all winter long, (actually they are only there a few weeks in the summer) Anyway, we go up every year and play in the snow. This year the twins were old enough to really know that we were going to play in the snow and had been talking about building snowmen all month! My parents, and 2 of my sisters came also, we had a blast! Here are some pictures!
Carlie chillin with her sunglasses.
Claire laughing at Aunt Keri! (My sister Keri rode up with us, and helped with the twins)
The family at Pizza Factory in Cedar City. The twins REFUSED to sit in high chairs... Not fun!
This is what it looked like when we woke up on Saturday!
Carlie getting ready to go play in the snow.
Claire, and that face! She is such a little diva sometimes!
Carlie making a snowman.
Claire hanging out in the snow.
Aaron helping the twins build a snowman.

Aaron and I on the slopes! We decided to go night boarding. It was only $12, from 3:30 - 9pm. The weather was great, and we were able to get a few good runs down the mountain before it got too cold. This was my first time EVER snowboarding ... I think I did ok. On my first run down the mountain, I fell pretty bad, and got the wind knocked out of me! But after that I did better. Dont get me wrong, I still spent more time falling than actually snowboarding, but I had a blast!
My sister and I coming down the Mountain. Keri is in front with the light blue jacket, im behind her in the bright blue jacket.
Keri and I taking a little rest... jk, we both fell, this is where we spent most of our time! Trying to get back up! My arms, shoulders and neck are SOOOOOOO stinkin sore! We wore wrist gaurds, but my wrists still hurt pretty bad! We had a great time, and I look forward to going snowboarding more often!
We left a little later than usual on Sunday, and it started snowing really bad as we were loading up the cars. It took 2 hours to get from Parowan, to St George! There was a ton of snow in St. George even! It was nuts!


11 comments:

Kelsey said...

Way to try snowboarding. Was your butt so sore the next day? that's why I have never tried. I have heard its a killer. THat picture of the twins sleeping together is so precious. Do they have 2 cribs and just prefer to be together?

Heather said...

My wrists hurt more than my bum did. It was a LOT of fun, and worth the pain.

The girls have 2 cribs. Some nights they sleep together, and some nights they prefer their own beds.

Katrina said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! My girls have been wanting to go play in some snow but I am a bad mom and keep saying "maybe next year". I hate the cold!

Sarah said...

oh i don't envy you. I remember the first time i went boarding! i was sore forever!!!!! all you do is sit on your butt the whole day! I haven't done it since i got married and had babies...I don't think i would enjoy it anymore. the snow looks fun though!

Janna said...

That looks like so much fun! The girls are getting so big. I love the pictures of them making snow men, especially the one with Aaron. how cute is that? awwwww.

lol - the girls in their sunglasses!

Lissagerl said...

I love the little mini snow men. So cute. The girls looked adorable in their cute little snow outfits!

The Pfau's said...

How Fun!! The girls look so cute in their snow gear!! I love visiting the snow and then going back to where it is warm. That is definatley the way to live!!

sarahbclark! said...

i am so effing jealous that you got to go snowboarding! i used to snowboard every week in college and i've been having withdrawals for the past 6 years. it looks like you had so much fun!
and your girls look like they had a great time in the snow! they look so cute in their snow gear!

Melissa Brown said...

Awesome pictures! I hate when kids refuse to sit in their high charis, it makes dinner very annoying. Love the snowmen. It was great to see you when i was in vegas.

familyof4 said...

Very fun! I've snowboarded a few times and loved it. My only problem was trying to stop using the back..instead of front..if that makes sense. We Might take Taylor to Mt. Charleston tomorrow to see the snow since the weather is nice.

Morgan said...

Night boarding.....oh the memories!! Its been a long time for me! I am glad you had a good time!