I cant believe the school year is over! The twins have grown so much!
Carlie on the 1st and last day of school!
Claire on the 1st and last day of school.
This school year was a LOT of fun for the twins. They both had great teachers! But, with them having such late birthdays, their class work, and homework was a constant struggle. They just werent catching on to things as quickly as they needed to. In January I started noticing that they were really behind. I met with their teachers, and we discussed what we should do, and I worked with them a lot at home, and they got a lot of extra help in class as well. June came, and they still hadnt progressed as much as they should have. As a group (myself, Aaron, their teachers and principal) we decided that they would be better off to stay in 1st grade again next year. The girls have been totally ok with staying back. I want them to have a chance to succeed in the coming years, rather than struggling EVERY year, because they are the youngest.



No comments:
Post a Comment