Sunday, December 04, 2011

Blankie love.

I have had a really hard time getting the girls to clean up their toys. Finally, after telling the girls ALL morning to clean up the play room and their room, I grabbed a bin and starting putting everything that they left on the floor in the bin. Among the things that were on the floor was Claire's blankie! I put this bin the in garage, and you would have thought that I cut Claire's finger off. She was hysterical. She was SO mad that I took her blankie away. She didnt care one bit about the toys that were in the bin.  I let her do some extra chores to earn her blankie back, but the rest of her toys are still in the garage, for now.

So today, before church I warned Claire that I would put her blankie in time out, and not let her sleep with it, if she didnt behave at church. Well, today in class, (I teach the twins primary class) she was getting a little antsy, and I reminded her of our agreement, and the rest of the class GASP'd at the thought of me taking away her blankie! So, I asked how many of the kids still had a blankie that they sleep with, and almost every one of them raised their hands! They ALL looked like they would have cried if they got their blankies taken away! I thought it was hillarious! Also thought it was good to know that the twins arent the only ones who still have blankies!


1 comment:

Sariah said...

Both of my girls still sleep with their blankies... including the 12 year old. ;)