Friday, August 20, 2010

Life with 3

When I was pregnant, I totally thought having a large gap between the girls and Colton would mean having a newborn would be easy. I was wrong. Yes, Claire and Carlie help out (getting diapers, bringing me things while nursing, giving Colton his binky that he doesnt even like anyway in his mouth while we are in the car) But, the girls have totally stopped listening to me. They take advantage of me nursing Colton. They know that while im feeding him, they can pretty much get away with anything, because im sitting down for a good 20 minutes to an hour. They refuse to clean up. And that is my main complaint. I feel like my house is constantly dirty. Toys everywhere. (and that is why I finally decided to put all the girls toys away - in time out) 

It takes a good hour to get out of the house to go anywhere. I have to make sure the girls are ready, make sure the diaper bag has everything it needs, make sure Colton is fed and has a clean diaper. In most cases, Colton will poop right when I put him in his car seat.  It just takes forever to get out of the house!

Most days I feel like I have NO control over my house hold. I hate that feeling. 

Not everything is bad though.  Claire and Carlie do a GREAT job of entertaining themselves while im feeding Colton. Colton is an EASY baby. He eats, burps, poops and sleeps. He rarely cries, and eats like a champ. Aaron helps out a TON when he is home. (he isnt home a lot, working close to 40 hours at Bellagio, and running the detailing business).

I guess im saying, having 3 kids isnt as easy as I thought, but it could be worse!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

It will get better. Well, maybe you will just get use to it. I think that is what happened here. I realize a clean house is something of the past. I know most moms don't feel that way but as soon as I was able to let that go, I felt better. We try and clean every night before we go to bed but sometimes we only clean up once a week. Just enjoy where you are at. I know it is hard at times but we will be happier when WE learn to chill :) Love you Heather!

Kristy E.B. said...

I agree with the last comment. I just have to not think about the toys strewn all over the house throughout the day and try to have everyone clean up at least the toys before bedtime. As for the rest of the stuff, you just do your best. But I feel like the vast majority of the day is spent taking care of needs and stopping fights or cleaning up messes. 3 is certainly busy!!