Little Miss Claire has decided to be the worlds pickiest eater. She used to eat just about anything. Now, we are lucky if we can find something healthy for her. She loves to stand in front of the pantry, and point at things she might want to eat. I'll make whatever she points at (Ramen, Oatmeal) and she wont eat it! Its so frustrating!

Dont worry, we didnt leave her there for long. And no, she didnt climb THAT high. But she does climb on the first shelf. We had to child lock this door too.
Hopefully this anti-eating phase ends soon. She is already a little too skinny!
What do your toddlers eat?? Any suggestions?
15 comments:
Lil went through a similar phase. Does your daughter like ground beef (I season mine with a little garlic and salt and pepper)? How about beans? Lil LOVES black beans or pinto beans. She also loves noodles... be it noodles with a red sauce or a cream sauce, she will eat any of them. I have a few recipes that even Picky Lil loves. I will post one of them here, since its small, but send me a message for others...
Beef Stroganoff
1 can beef chunks (I use cannery beef chunks) or 1 lb ground beef browned with garlic, salt, and pepper.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2-1 cup sour cream
a splash of milk
egg noodles, bowtie noodles, or shells... (I let Lil choose the noodles, she is more likely to eat if she is involved in choosing it)
Boil the noodles and drain the water off. Add the cooked meat and remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
Oh, another thing- Lil is much more likely to eat if she helps make the food, or at least watches me while I put it together so she knows exactly what is in it. I have her stir things, or dump the measuring cups of liquid in. Lemme know if you want my other Lil friendly recipes!
Mac N Cheese, Ravioli, Spaghetti-o's, hot dogs, grilled cheese sandwiches, pb&J sandwiches, scrambled eggs, pears, mixed fruit, cheese. Those are some of Rori's favorites off the top of my head.
I like to take Mac N Cheese and throw in some frozen vegetables with the pasta while it boils. Usually I can get peas, carrots, and corn into Mac N Cheese without anyone objecting. (Sometimes I use the box, sometimes I make it from scratch. We like it best from scratch, plus it's more healthy, but it does take more time and effort. :S)
Good luck! :)
I know exactly how you feel :} Carter is so picky it drives me insane. I let Carter pick out things in the store sometimes. Like a craker box or something or a cereal box. that helps... I let him stir the ramen when we are making it and he eats it better then. Good luck though. Just remember they won't starve themselves. She'll eat when she's hungry. Some days Carter will eat like crazy and then the next he will eat like nothing... toddlers are so difficult sometimes!!!
No advice from me! Gracey has always been a really great eater. She usually will eat all of her veggies and whatever else we eat. It is Emily that is our picky one! She won't hardly eat anything, even when I KNOW she likes it! If you figure Claire out, let me know. I might be coming to you for advice in the next year or so for Emily.
Have you ever let your kids make their own food? Whenever I make something questionable that I think the kids are not going to like, I let them help me make it and make a big deal about how they made it. They always eat whatever it they make. Also I heard their was a cookbook out there where you put veggies in desserts and kids don't even know they are eating them. It is one way to get them to have more nutrition in their diet. The book is called Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. (Jerry Seinfelld's wife)
Good luck on getting her to eat!
Picky eaters are so hard to deal with. I've been fortunate that mine haven't been horrible but they've also never really gotten away with pickiness either. Counting bites works really well for some reason (just eat 3 etc). Or give them 2 choices and they have to stick with their choice.
Zack is super picky. He likes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pancakes, waffles, eggs, bagels, english muffins, blueberry muffins, bananas, rice with butter & salt, pasta with butter & salt, popcorn, corndogs, hot dogs, mac & cheese... you get the idea. He basically only eats your typical kid stuff. Doesn't like any kind of sauce or anything that looks new or different. He won't eat meat. His OT calls it the yellow diet. His diet basically consists of yellow stuff! But, whatever... he eats and he's alive and he gains weight. It's all I can ask!
oh, and my doc said never to force my kids to eat. don't make meal time an arguement.
if they chose not to eat... it's their problem and they go hungry. BUT, i also wouldn't fix something knowing that zack won't eat it and then make him go hungry. we kind of plan meals around him. like i make some kind of pasta dish for everyone and i give him the noodles before adding the sauce to it! stuff like that.
Isaac is a horrible eater as far as healthy food goes. The kid won't even look at fruit or veggies. He can hardly stand strawberry ice cream! I hear that the phase does pass so let us both cross our fingers! If they eat anything then that is good for me. PS- the kids doc said that if you give them the some Carnation Instant Breakfast (powered chocolate milk) than they will get all the vitamins they need. We love it!
Trenton doesn't like to eat either.it frustrates the heck out of me.
I try and make my kids take at least one bite. The more exposure they have of something, they'll eventually start to like it. They all go through phases like this...but if you never have them try anything...it will just get worse! So, I just make sure they at least take a bite of what we're having for dinner...and then let them eat some other food that they like. And, eventually...they'll start to like more food and then, once they're older, you can make them eat it! I know w/ babies and toddlers...it's hard. So, hang in there!
Tallon has been a picky eater forever. But he has started getting better. He wouldn't even try eggs until a month ago. I've stopped fighting with him over it and he has started getting better. He eats basically the same thing every day but I've stopped worrying about it. He loves drinks though, so he drinks a lot of yogurt smoothies. Also things frozen he didn't mind. He actually eat peas frozen, frozen grapes, and those PB sandwiches you buy in the freezer section and gogurts frozen. Maybe she will eat things if it is in a different form. Good luck!
Taylor goes through phases like this. Some days she'll eat great and then others she will be SO picky. She eats the same things usually. Pancakes, eggs, mac & cheese, noodles, meat, cheese sticks, chicken fries or nuggets. Our doctor says not to worry though. She told us to give her the Carnation Chocolate Drink when she is being picky. Taylor is small too! She is 37 inches tall and weighs 26 lbs so she is pretty skinny but tall at the same time!
I dont think Claire weighs 25lbs yet! She's teeny! But, this week she and Carlie have been eating NON STOP! Seriously, they have pretty much wiped out my pantry! Im glad it was just a short little phase! Thanks for all the suggestions!
Wow, i just had a lot of fun catching up on your blog!! Nicci is getting more and more picky as time goes on. She refuses to eat anything besides a cheeseburger, waffles, and nutri grain bars...it's really frustrating! She'll eat anything for my mom, she loves my mom & frankly i think Nicci thinks she IS her mom! LOL. OH....and she'll eat crackers and raisens occasionally. :)
I love the new background by the way!
Post a Comment