Monday, July 09, 2012

Feeling Crafty!

If you follow me on Pinterest, you know I have an obsession with Chevron stripes. I have been dying to make something with Chevron, so last week I finally did! 

I had a 12x24 piece of wood, and some vinyl cut that says "Live Love Laugh and be Happy" 
I sanded and painted the board grey.


Then made a grid to draw the Chevron. I had to really use my brain for a minute, to figure out how to map this out!  I ended up drawing horizontal lines 3 inches apart, then vertical dots every 3 inches. Then I just connected the dots. 

Then I taped the part I didnt want painted. 

Painted some teal stripes (I LOVE teal right now) 

Took the tape off a little too soon. I was very impatient. I wanted to see how it turned out! 

Then I waited maybe 7 minutes before I put the vinyl on. 

I LOVE how it turned out! I have it by our kitchen table, opposite of my teal Keep Calm, Carry On canvas. There are going to be more Chevron projects in the future! Im dying to paint in Coltons room, and I really want a Chevron quilt! 

1 comment:

The De Young's said...

This is so stinking cute you are so crafty! I love it!!