Monday, July 27, 2009

All better!

For the past year or so, Claires blankie has slowly torn into MANY pieces. I have asked her a ton of times if she wanted me to sew them back together, and she has always said NO. So this morning she asked me to wash her blankies (which never happens. normally I have to sneak them into the wash, and she usually finds out they are in the washer, and cries BY the washer till they are done!) So, since we were washing them, I asked if we could go to my moms house and sew them back together, and she said YES! So, I jumped on the opportunity, ironed them, and headed out the door.

Heres 4 of the smaller strips. Im sure we have more around the house, but these were the ones I found today.
Heres the biggest piece.
Kim sewing them together.




The finished product. Its not perfect, and we didnt dare cut the left side to be even with the right side. But hey, her blankie is in ONE piece now! yay!
Thanks Kim!!




3 comments:

Jessica Morgan said...

haha. This is great.

McKinna said...

oh how funny! that is soooo cute! kids and their blankets... Dev's got 2. LOL

annie valentine said...

I always make sure each of my kids had two equally important blankets. That way appeasing them while laundering was so much easier.

Your family is so cute, I love being friends with another Valentine girl! You're so lucky to have it as a last name, it's my maiden name/pen name. Losing it when I got married was like losing a limb.