For Spring Break last week, we headed up to Parowan/Salt Lake City!
We headed up to the Yellow house on Monday, spent the night, then left on Tuesday morning to head up to Salt Lake.
On our way out, we had to stop in Beaver to get some squeaky cheese, and ice cream!
We got to Salt Lake, stopped at Chic-Fil-A, checked in to our hotel, and walked to Temple Square! We looked at all the pretty flowers on the Temple grounds, walked through the Visitor Center, then walked over to the History Museum (cant think of the actual name)
Wednesday morning we woke up, and headed out to Hoogle Zoo! Funny story, as we were in line waiting to buy tickets, a lady walked up to us, and explained that she had a buddy pass, and asked if we wanted to get in free! We of course said yes, and got in right away! She also had free passes to ride the train, so we got on the train for free as well! She saved us a good amount of money! Thanks random lady!
The zoo is MUCH bigger than the lame zoo we have here in Vegas, so we were excited to see all of the fun animals! The twins really enjoyed the bat cave and the play area, and of course the Carousel! I think Colton really liked the Elephants.
After the zoo, we went to Bridal Veil Falls, and let the kids walk around for a while. The girls found walking sticks, and had to play in the water for a bit. The water was freezing! But that didnt stop them from dipping their hands in it. Colton of course, had to try to get his hands wet too!
After our walk, we headed back home to Parowan.
When we got back, we colored/dyed Easter Eggs!
Colton had a blast coloring his egg, then pounding it on the table, breaking it open, and eating his egg!
I knew that when we got back to Vegas the next day, we had a busy weekend, so we did Easter baskets up in Parowan. I loved doing it that way, so we could focus more on the actual meaning of Easter on Sunday.
One morning, we walked to the Bakery on main street and had some fresh donuts. Colton had a cinnamon/sugar donut hole, and had it allllll over his face. he was not amused!
In some of our spare time, the kids rode on scooters, went to the park, I painted the twins nails, played on the hammock, went for a drive looking for deer, and actually saw a few!
Funny story, this night, Colton woke up around 1am, so I brought him in our bed for a little bit, and started singing some songs to him, well I was whispering not really singing. I must have been whispering a little too soft because he leaned in real close to my face and said "what?!" because he couldnt hear me! I about died laughing. That kid cracks me up!
Spring Break went by WAY too fast, but we sure had fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment