Wednesday, February 29, 2012

January and February.

Its almost March. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?
Here are some pictures of what we have been up to the last 2 months! (warning, this is LONG)

We took the kids to Slidin'Thru on the other side of town. We LOVE to eat there, and the food is really good!


Trying to do homework most nights is hard. Thankfully, Aaron is willing to help out! I usually help one kid with worksheets, while Aaron helps out with reading. This is a huge help! 

We still like to go to the park as often as possible!


The kids LOVE to have Popcorn for a snack. LOVE. 
 Colton got a haircut! 

We have 9am church, which is awesome. We like to go for a drive every once in a while. This outing we went to drive through Red Rock. I looked to the back of the car to talk about the neat colors, and Claire and Carlie were fast asleep! So I talked to Colton about the rocks instead. 

I met up with a friend at the park. Colton got to play without the twins! 

One of the days the kids didnt have school in January, so Carter and Alison came over to play! We dont see them as often as we like, but it is nice to see them when we do get together! 

Carlie has such attitude sometimes! 

I think I already posted this, but it still makes me laugh. Colton is such a silly kid! 

One day, Carlie cut a chunk of her hair, and would NOT tell me where on her head she cut. I couldnt find it either. Then, a day or two later, I realized she cut her bangs. She said, "It was bugging me, and it was really dry, and I just wanted my hair to be healthy."  Then after I got on her about it she said, "Lets just pretend that never happened." !! 

Its no secret that Aaron and I love basketball. We spent one Saturday at a high school basketball game, then went to the Rebel game shortly after. So much fun! 

Colton being Colton. Although, I DO NOT let him do this. He did it once, I grabbed the camera, then got him down and told him NO! 

Carlie stayed home from school sick, I made her work on some school work, so Colton joined her. 

I took Colton in for a well check. He also had a really bad diaper rash that I had checked out, and his lip is connected to the skin between his top teeth, so I got a referal to a pediatric dentist to get that taken care of. 

Target is always a favorite. Colton is getting pretty crazy about the cart though. Some days he loves being buckled in, other days he hates it. 
 At the end of January I went to St. George for Scrapfest with one of my best friends Sarah, and her mom and sister. There were about 30 of us all together. It was SO much fun. I left inspired to scrapbook more! I cant wait to go again next year! 
 While I was away, Aaron had the kids. He took them to the Bellagio to watch the water show, took them out to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, and then took them to the park Saturday morning! He's such an awesome dad! 

 Colton still loves to sit up front while we wait for the kids to get out of school.

Claire did all of her homework in one setting on a FRIDAY even! 

I ate dinner after the kids one night, and Colton joined me. He stood on my chair and kept playing with my face. Kinda makes eating difficult, but still so cute! 

Colton is at the age where he bonks his head. a lot. 

While I blowdry my hair in the mornings Colton comes in my bathroom, empties my cupboards and sits down to watch. 

Coltons favorite snack is an apple! He just runs to the fridge and grabs one, and would eat the entire thing if I let him. I make him stop once he gets to the core and seeds! 

Another Rebel game. 

We took the tray part off of Coltons high chair. So now he actually sits at the table with us like a big boy! 

We had everyone over for my moms birthday on Feb 12th. So we had to get a picture of all 4 grand kids! (getting a picture of all 4 looking, and smiling, is difficult!) 

The girls got to decorate their own boxes to take to school for Valentines days! 

Happy Valentine's day! We had strawberry pancakes for breakfast! 
 The girls got to wear Valentine's day shirts to school! 




We like to make Valentine's day special at our house, so we got the kids a few small things! 


The twins LOVE the new girly legos! 

For Valentine's day dinner, we ordered California Pizza Kitchen and had it at home! (thats the twins FAVORITE place to eat) The day was perfect! 

Presidents day weekend, the girls didnt have school, so we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa Olds house with Carter and Alison! The kids had a great time riding their scooters, playing baseball and playing outside with grandpa! 




We finally bought a swingset for the backyard!! 



 The kids have a blast outside! I love being able to just send them out when they get bored inside! 

I watched the Barlow boys, and they all played Just Dance 3 on the Wii! It was so fun to watch them all play! 

Another Rebel game! This time we took all of the kids! I havent taken the kids to a game in a few years, but the girls have been begging to go for a while, so we finally went! They all had fun! Colton started getting fussy 10 minutes in to the 2nd half, so we left early. We made it home before the game ended, and had the kids in bed a little after 9pm! Had we left when the game got over we wouldnt have gotten home till after 10pm, so it worked out pretty good! 

More Lego fun! 


Another basketball game. (we have GOT to get season tickets next season!)

More legos! (actually same legos as above, the picture just got out of order!) 

And finally, today. This week is reading week, and todays spirit day was "dress as a character from a book" day. Carlie was Purplicious, and Claire was Pinkilicious! 


Lets hope I update more often in March! going back and trying to remember what we did the last 2 months hurt my brain!

1 comment:

mtwbb said...

Quite the post! It cracked me up to see the picture of Colton in the cupboard while you get ready because Kelston does the exact same thing.