Tuesday, September 22, 2009

No Marbles, NO Snacks.

Im not gonna lie, we've had a few bad days at home lately. The girls are constantly whining, crying, fighting, hitting, screaming, yelling, tattling these days it seems. I find myself beyond frazzled and ready to sell the twins to the zoo before 5pm. Since the zoo isn't an option, I decided to give the 'Jar' thing a try ... again. For real this time.

This is how it works ... NO Marbles left in the jar after dinner, NO Snack. Each morning, I will give them 4 marbles. (since they are 4) If they hit each other, yell, tattle, scream, or are rude, they will lose a marble. If they are NICE, helpful, share, and help clean up, they can EARN marbles. BUT, if at the end of the night, there aren't any marbles left in their jars, they wont get a special snack. We have the designated special snack picked out (skittles). Lets hope this works!

6 comments:

Janna said...

That sounds like a good idea. Good luck!!!

Morgan said...

that is a great idea!! I might have to try that one with my girls....I am usually frazzled by noon!

Sariah said...

I love this idea, I hope it works!

McKinna said...

Great idea!! Love their pic 2..
my boys seem to be doing the same thing- all the hitting and fighting and screaming... AND- one is only 15 months old?! what the 'H!!!

Chelsea said...

I did that too! I had a marble jar for colette. mine was too big though, so it didnt work out well, we had a treasure if she filled it. Same concept... good get a marble, bad take one away.

Jilene said...

good luck. let us know if it works!!