Monday, August 13, 2007

We're Home!

My brother Dave is MARRIED!! Woohoo! He will be 27 in November, so he was starting to hit the age where he becomes a "menace to society" (according to Stake President Asay) Davids wife, Linda is from Northern Utah, so they were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. We made the long drive up there of course. And we couldnt have done it with out borrowing my SIL's portable DVD Players. The twins were GREAT the entire drive up to Salt Lake!

We left late Friday morning, with only one stop! We had to get some "Squeeky Cheese" in Beaver. We got to Layton right in time for the Family BBQ at Linda's parents house. Saturday was jam packed full with stuff for us to do. Saturday we had a Luncheon in SL a few hours before the Sealing. After the Sealing we took pictures (Along with 8 other couples who decided to get married on Saturday. I think someone said that there were over 400 sealings done on Saturday, it was CRAZY at Temple Square!) The twins were beyond tired/hungry/hot/cranky so we didnt stay at the Temple much longer after we took a few big family pictures. We were able to drive up to the hotel and rest for a little while, before the Reception at Union Station in Ogden. The reception was fun. We ended up leaving before the festivities started, but the twins were again, beyond tired, so we headed back towards Layton to get some dinner, and head to bed. Linda's dress was absolutly GORGEOUS. I usually dont cry, or get misty eyed, but when they came out of the Temple, I was having issues keeping my mascara on! She just looked beautiful!!

Sunday we had lunch with my family, and my Uncle Gregs wife and daughter. Then I met up with my friend Melissa! I was glad to be able to see her even though it was just for a little bit! Then we met back up with my family at the Gateway Mall. My sister Keri has been telling us about these Roach Broaches for EVER, so we decided to go see what she was talking about. They have these at the Black Chandelier store. My youngest sister, Kim even HELD the ROACH. The Roaches have Swartzcki (sp?) Crystals glue'd (well not glued, but adhered approved by P.I.T.A on the roaches shell. NASTY.) I got a picture of it. Then we headed home, but took the LONG way. We stopped in Manti, to walk around the Manti Temple. That is where my parents were Sealed, and they hadnt been back to Manti in 28 years! So we stopped and walked around for a little bit. After that, we headed home! It was a very busy weekend, but it was a lot of fun, and now knowing that the twins are content for a long drive, we look forward to doing this again!

And of course, I have pictures!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

sounds like a great road trip!!!! i just got back and you couldn't pay me to do it again very soon!