Saturday, July 21, 2007

Home Sweet Home!

We are FINALLY pretty much settled in! It feels so weird being in this house! I feel like im house sitting or something! We still have a few things to get from the other house, but for the most part everything is moved.

We decided to cancel Cox Cable, and go with the Embarq bundled package. We saved a good $50, BUT I have had a horrible experience getting everything connected and hooked up. On Thursday our phone line and DSL were installed. The DSL didnt start working until late this afternoon. Our phones worked fine until this morning, they didnt work for half the day. And we STILL dont have our Dish Network yet. We had an appointment set for sometime between Noon and 5pm, for a tech. to set us up. I started getting worried around 4:30pm, when he hadnt arrived yet. So, I call Dish Network, and find our where he is. The woman on the phone said he had just left his last appointment, and was on his way. An hour passes, and I call again. Come to find out he didnt have the correct reciever on his truck. WHAT?? You mean to tell me I just sat at home ALL FLIPPIN DAY, to find out the technician screwed up? I was LIVID! We havent had TV since Wednesday!!!! So, we will be having our Dish set up tomorrow morning before church. :S If we werent saving so much money, I would have just told them to forget about it, and go back with Cox!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

i'm so excited for you! it is such a pain in the butt to get everything set up when you first move in. and i absolutely HATE it when they give you like a 10 hour window and you have to just sit around and then to not show up! what hte crap is up with that! are the girls loving their new house? did they sleep well? can't wait to see it. FHE at your house tomorrow right? lol j/k

Heather said...

SURE!! Seriously, you guys can totally come out. The girls have slept really well, its Aaron and I who are having issues! Im feeling a little homesick! :S anyway, i'll call you in the morning and set up a time for you all to come out!

Taralee said...

Thanks for the compliment on my cute family!! I am so excited for you guys and your house! I'm dying to see pictures so be sure to post some ASAP!!! :) Good luck with all the fun unpacking stuff.

Sariah said...

How exciting to be in your new place!!! Congratulations!!!

Stinks about all the trouble with getting everything hooked up. :(

Lissagerl said...

Pictures!! I want to see pictures!! :)