This year we had 3 different houses to stop by! First we went to Aarons sister Careys house and had dinner with Careys family, Aarons mom, step dad, Grandma and Grandpa Olds, and his other sister Amy, her husband and kids. The food was great as always. Conversation was good, the kids got along, and i dont think anyone left crying!
Then we walked next door to Aarons Dads house. We just visited with his dad, stepmom, sister, and Grandma and Grandpa Valentine. We didnt have enough time to stay and eat, but we were able to visit for about an hour. I kind of feel bad that we didnt stay longer, but thats just the way it goes. (thats also another story for another time!)
Finally we headed to MY grandparents house. My Great Great Grandmother Walker came to town from Iowa. She is such a neat lady! I just love her! Again, the food was great. Although Nana changed up the cranberry sauce. I personally just like it straight from the can, but Nana has to get all 'Julia Child' on us, and she added Lemon zest, lemon juice, orange zest, orange juice, and ginger root to cranberry's... im not a huge fan of any of the above ... But overall dinner was great. Papa was WAY too involved with all the Football games on, so he wasnt very talkative. It was great being around Great GMa Walker. She is just so much fun to be around! She really doesnt look like she's 86 to me! She still walks about a mile a day, drives, and is out and about all the time! She is just amazing!
I truely have a lot to be Thankful for. I am so Thankful for my husband, who puts up with me, and takes great care of our children! He is SUCH a good father. Im so thankful for my 2 beautiful girls! They really make me laugh everyday. Im thankful for my parents and sisters. They all help out so much with the twins. I dont know what I would do with out them! Im thankful for this country that we live in, im thankful for our freedom, and I so thankful for those who are fighting everyday to keep our freedom that we love. I am very thankful for our church. I love my Heavenly Father, and I know that he is there, whenever needed. I am very lucky to have this Gospel in my life!
Here are some pictures of the day!
Here are a few of the kids playing together!




heres the twins eating Turkey, stuffing, green beans and other yummy stuff!
(Claire)

(Carlie)


and here are a few from Nana and Papas house.
This is a 5 Generation photo! Claire, Carlie, Me, My mom, My Nana, and Great Grandma Walker


1 comment:
Great pictures! I love the one of Claire on the horse! And how awesome to have a 5 generation photo! I only have one soon after we took it, my great-grandfather and my grandma both died. But at least we got one! :)
I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! And I'm really glad you're blogging... I've missed you!
Post a Comment